Has Your Design Firm Run Amuck With Your Web Site?
What's happening to good web site design? Somehow we creative types at interactive and traditional ad agencies have run amuck - we're building web sites that may dazzle the senses, but don't really communicate much about our client's business or products and services!
1. Somehow I don't think anyone has a burning desire to spend 30-60 seconds on the Index page of a web site while another fancy Flash animation loads, complete with snazzy graphics, audio, and way cool cutting edge graphics - not!! People want to get real information, not razzle-dazzle graphics showing how great a developer is using the latest whiz bang technology!
2. I thought Frames went out of style like adding a .com to your company's name. Apparently not, as there are still lots of web sites using Frames - forcing users to see a web site with mix and match (bad) graphics, odd menus and just a plain ugly interface.
3. I some times wonder if some of my fellow design geeks all own Adobe stock, or they are just trying to make sure HTML disappears as a content standard. The last thing many people want is to sit and watch as their 56 kbps dial up struggles with opening a doc in Adobe's proprietary PDF format - many click off and are gone to the next web site. Content should be offered in HTML or Word format, both of which open instantly - no, I don't own any Microsoft shares!
4. Another popular time waster appears to be designing web sites that require people to list all of their contact points, including first born children, their dog's pedigree - etc. Registration forms should be short and no more than 4-5 entries that just require fundamental contact information.
5. What's the value in running contests, games and other technology-enabled multimedia content on a web site? Recent studies have indicated most of the online user community isn't interested in a web site that drives branding - they simply want information about a company's goods and services.
6. The web is a wonderful medium for customer acquisition but it also works as a valuable tool for building dialogue with customers - approx 75% of the online community does not mind filling out short forms that ask them questions about goods and services, or providing feedback. More sites should ask people for their opinions and reviews - they don't mind sharing them and these comments provide valuable insight.
7. Content is still one of, if not the most important variables in good web site design. Today's savvy surfer doesn't want content presented in book form; they want short paragraphs with lots of white space, not long textual columns in a type font that forces anyone over 30 (perish the thought there are people on the web over 30) to put on their glasses and squint at the screen.
8. We marketing types jumped on the community bandwagon 12-18 months back - you couldn't read an article about web site marketing unless "community" wasn't included as a buzzword du jour! Well, times have changed, or maybe we all came to our senses - today's web user wants baseline information they don't want to chat with other users via web site or read about shared interests - give them information in "content bytes' and let AOL worry about building a community!
About The Author
Lee Traupel has 20 plus years of business development and marketing experience - he is the founder of Intelective Communications, Inc., http://www.intelective.com, a results-driven marketing services company providing proprietary services to clients encompassing startups to public companies. Lee@intelective.com
Jeremy McGilvrey, A Web Design Agency Announces Web Design Services In Pearland, Texas - Yahoo Finance
Jeremy McGilvrey, A Web Design Agency Announces Web Design Services In Pearland, Texas Yahoo Finance
Theorem Inc Wins Gold for Content Marketing / Blog Series and Platinum for Creativity (Web Design) / Website At AVA Digital Awards - Yahoo Finance
Theorem Inc Wins Gold for Content Marketing / Blog Series and Platinum for Creativity (Web Design) / Website At AVA Digital Awards Yahoo Finance
How Will Blockchain Impact Web Design And Development in 2023? The Crypto Basic
Women-Owned Software Agency DigitalDesign.NYC Launches New Division - DD.NYC®, Spearheading Branding, Packaging, and Award-Winning Web Design - Yahoo Finance
Women-Owned Software Agency DigitalDesign.NYC Launches New Division - DD.NYC®, Spearheading Branding, Packaging, and Award-Winning Web Design Yahoo Finance
Best Web Development Companies In India 2023 Read IT Quik
Rule Your Kingdom Launches SEO-Optimized eCommerce Website ... Digital Journal
Noble Webworks Is Offering End to End Web Development and ... Digital Journal
Capture.HK the First Company to Use Odoo's Web Design Service ... businesswire.com
Grandway Marketing Inc. Celebrates Over 5 Years of Being the Best ... 24-7 Press Release
Irrigreen Announces $15 Million in Seed Financing to Power Robotic Sprinkler Systems for Homeowners in the Age of Scarce, Expensive Water - Yahoo Finance
Irrigreen Announces $15 Million in Seed Financing to Power Robotic Sprinkler Systems for Homeowners in the Age of Scarce, Expensive Water Yahoo Finance
Gov. Lujan Grisham breaks ground on Creative Campus in Las ... Office of the Governor
Best AI Tools for Web Designers (2023) MarkTechPost
A Web Designer's Tech Stack Practical Ecommerce
Sagentic Web Design Celebrates 20 Years of Building Strong Online Presence for Businesses and Organizations - Canon City Daily Record
Sagentic Web Design Celebrates 20 Years of Building Strong Online Presence for Businesses and Organizations Canon City Daily Record
10 Web Design Trends to Follow in 2023 to Create a Sales-Friendly ... Digital Information World
Yoast SEO Founders Invest in WordPress Accessibility Plugin Search Engine Journal
Texas Web Design Unveils Innovative Design Solutions for ... Digital Journal
Top 10 Web Development Companies in USA 2023 Read IT Quik
SystMD Celebrates 5 Years of Innovation in Web Design Digital Journal
Top 7 Product Design Trends for 2023 Fordham Ram
Brewer endorsement doesn't violate School Board policy, chairman ... Smithfield Times
Global 3D Web Design Service Market Research Report 2023-2033 ... Los Alamos Monitor
Esri Book Demonstrates How to Create Map Apps with User ... businesswire.com
Top 11 Online UX/UI Courses To Enroll In 2023 Fordham Ram
10 Best AI Tools for Web Developers Designmodo
Web development versus web design: What's the difference? Border Chronicle
WebWave shows a different approach to web design and lands in the group of top products on Product Hunt - EIN News
WebWave shows a different approach to web design and lands in the group of top products on Product Hunt EIN News
Bellevue Responsive Web Design Agency With Expert Lead ... Digital Journal
A minute with Holly Lett, head of talent development Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Eastbay SEO Company Celebrates Quality Services Since 2015 Digital Journal
I don't want to log in to your website The Verge
Russia's Economy Is Starting to Come Undone The Wall Street Journal
ATV Maine announces Stephanie Miller as keynote speaker at ... Bangor Daily News
A massive BC break - PHP SitePoint
How Automation is Changing the Landscape of Web Development Robotics and Automation News
Retailers are using sneaky web design to catch you out Creative Bloq
Web design company owner learned the skills she needed to ... Ohio University
Simple Steps to Mobile-first Web Design Practical Ecommerce
11 Best AI Tools for Web Designers Designmodo
20 Free Web Design Tools from Fall 2022 Practical Ecommerce
This Colorado web designer doesn't want to make wedding sites for ... Colorado Public Radio
Happithy Marketing Launches Custom Web Design, Virtual Reality, Social Media Marketing, App Development, and Gamification Services - Yahoo Finance
Happithy Marketing Launches Custom Web Design, Virtual Reality, Social Media Marketing, App Development, and Gamification Services Yahoo Finance
Top Web Design Trends 2023 Designmodo
System Breaks Down Barriers for Blind Web Designers Maryland Today
7 AI Writing Tools on Writesonic for Web Design MUO - MakeUseOf
How to Convert Any Website Into a Figma Design MUO - MakeUseOf
6 web design trends to watch in 2023 Creative Bloq
10 Professional-Level Web Design Tools to Get the Ideal Website Robotics and Automation News
This fiendish quiz tests your web design knowledge Creative Bloq
The 10 Best Web Development Companies MUO - MakeUseOf
Web Design: A Dive Into the Digital World The Piedmont Highlander
Wheelistic Web Design rebrands as Green Marketing Lawn & Landscape
What Rust Brings to Frontend and Web Development The New Stack
Web design firm adding staff in Putnam County – Inside INdiana ... Inside INdiana Business
Understanding the Basics of Web Development Enterprise Apps Today
70+ Web Design Statistics 2022 to Improve Your Customer Experience Enterprise Apps Today
Engines of Our Ingenuity 2470: Spider Web Design Houston Public Media
Is It Worth the Cost to Hire a Web Designer for Your Business? The Motley Fool
Developing Your Winning Web Site Strategy
Your web site is the key to your success on the Internet. You can use your web site to build your brand, increase sales, generate more leads, slash costs, and much more.
Does Your Homepage Work?
All websites have a homepage. It is the most important page of your site.
How To Give Your Business Credibility
Let's face it. Buying products and services from the Internet can be a bit intimidating.
Maximising Web Site Viewability - Resolution
This is my second article on maximising web site viewability. Analysing screen resolution data.
Building An Effective Furniture Sales Web Site
Web sites that feature products - especially furniture or other large items - require a careful balance of text and images to convey the value of each product.Let's face it.
How to Find Inexpensive Web Design
Web design is a very competitive area and there is no longer any reason why people should pay large amounts for website design services.This article describes and explains where to find very very cheap website design services.
Tableless Web Designs: Why I Switched
Since I made the switch 6 months ago to a tableless design on my main site, I've noticed some interesting things:My search engine rankings have dramatically improvedMy bandwidth usage has dropped about 50-75%I can now make changes to the look and feel of my site easily by just changing the one file, the stylesheet.Let's look at why my search engine rankings improved.
Has Your Design Firm Run Amuck With Your Web Site?
What's happening to good web site design? Somehow we creative types at interactive and traditional ad agencies have run amuck - we're building web sites that may dazzle the senses, but don't really communicate much about our client's business or products and services!1. Somehow I don't think anyone has a burning desire to spend 30-60 seconds on the Index page of a web site while another fancy Flash animation loads, complete with snazzy graphics, audio, and way cool cutting edge graphics - not!! People want to get real information, not razzle-dazzle graphics showing how great a developer is using the latest whiz bang technology!2.
How To Choose A Website Designer
Now that you have decided that it is time to create a website for your business there are many questions you must answer. One of the most important questions is "Who should create my website?"I like to use the analogy of playing music; in as little as a few hours, some people can strum a few chords on the guitar and play a song.
Web Coach Tip: The Single Most Important and CRUCIAL Element of Your Web Site
Here's the single most important part of your website: YOUR WEB COPY!And remember: Your website isn't about YOU, it's about THEM!Again, it's NOT about you, it's about THEM!*Note: May I add, this is an area where most of my clients get stuck?If you find yourself at a total loss when it comes to writing, please let me know. ______________________________________________Write/gather/compile; prepare copy for your main pages:? Answer questions.
The Monster Garage of eLearning
Have you seen Jesse James on the Discovery Channel's Monster Garage? Each week Jesse and his handpicked team create a customized vehicle to dazzle and amaze you. So what does this have to do with eLearning? Read on.
Colorblind People, Can They Really Read Your Web Site?
I once created a notepad-like editor. It is possible with this editor to write Russian text on a western Windows without using a Cyrillic keyboard in front of your computer.
Small Business Website Design - How to Get Professional Results on a Shoestring Budget
Just because you are a small business with an even smaller website design budget, does not mean that you cannot have a professional looking website and presence on the web. All it means is you will have to do some of the work yourself instead of paying some design firm to do it for you.
Branding Web Strategy Mistakes - Brand Identity Guru
1. Lack of overall strategy and clear definition of success:Most people realize the need for a site, but don't understand what it can/should do for the company.
Website Design Considerations
Q: Should I build and maintain my business Web site myself or pay someone else to do the work for me? -- Wesley L.A: When you say, pay someone else to do the work for you, Wesley, I am going to assume that you are talking about hiring a professional Web site designer to do the work and not your next-door neighbor's teenage son.
Graphic Terms- The Basics Part I
You're almost set. The content of your website, e-book, or software is complete.
Create A Web Site That Builds Trust
If someone doesn't know you personally, will they trust you enough to do business with you just by visiting your web site?Most people view organizations - and web sites - they don't know with great skepticism. Given all the identity theft and viruses running around, people are understandably cautious and somewhat skeptical when they go to a new web site.
Web Page Building for Beginners 4
Page ranking by search engines such as Google are not only overrated but unusually explained by "experts" in the SEO field. SEO stands for search engine optimization and is needed to get your website placed at the top of a web search.
How to Convince Your Visitors to Return Often
One visit does not make a sale. Be sure to make your Web site attractive to your visitors so that they want to come back.
What I Look For In a Website
As my occupation is that of a proofreader, one of the first things I look for in a website is quality copy; to me it's important that the textual content is clear and concise with correct spelling and proper punctuation. Many websites I have looked at have sadly failed to follow this basic rule and the build emphasis has been centred on flashy eye-catching graphics, quite often at the expense of the copy.
|home | site map|
|Webdesign-box © 2006|