Web Site Turn Ons
When you develop a sales brochure, you have a mental checklist of what needs to be in it. You probably look at brochures from other vendors. You get advice from friends and colleagues. You probably also notice the sales flyers you get in the mail. What do you notice? What gets your attention?
A web site for your business has many of the same purposes as a sales brochure. At the same time, it is more "delicate" and requires more attention. It is technically more advanced and therefore more challenging to design as well as to keep up to date.
Below are 10 things you should consider when developing a web site. These will give you a good start. After reading them, you may be able to add more.
1. Know your audience. You need to know who are the people most likely to look at your site so that you can target that audience. Who are your current and potential customers? What kinds of words or pictures do they respond to? You are more likely to make sales to those who spend time at your site, so you need to make the pitch to your most likely candidates.
2. Learn from the best. Spend some time on the web. Look at your competitors' sites as well as unrelated sites. Discover which presentations you like and what colors work well together. Take note of how easy or hard it is to navigate through the sites. Save the addresses you like so that you can return to them easily (this is called a "bookmark"). The better your web site looks, the more time people will spend with it and the better your chances of increased business or sales.
3. Plan ahead. Once you know your audience (who is most likely to be interested in your product or service) take time to lay out the content of each page and how different pages will link to each other. The more planning you do up front, the easier it will be to get up and running, and the fewer changes you will need to make down the road.
4. Graphics are worth 10,000 pixels. This is a play on the expression, "A picture is worth 1,000 words." Text in different colors can highlight important information. Animation, sound, and video may be important, especially if they are business related. Be aware, however, that if graphics take more than 8 seconds to load, a potential customer may get impatient and move on. On the other hand, the effective and efficient use of graphics can provide a lot of information that will catch people's attention. Potential customers may not take the time to read text, but they can judge quickly from a picture if the product or service will meet their needs.
5. Be a good neighbor. If you want to quote a source, get permission. If some of the ideas you present are not yours, give credit where credit is due. Use disclaimers or disclosures when required or appropriate. This enhances your reputation as a vendor.
6. Connect with the world. Provide links to other sites that sell accessories, add-ons, or related products. This will make it easier for them to do get all they need with minimal searching. Try to arrange for reciprocal links. The more ways people can get to your site, the more people will see it.
7. Test your site. Always check your text for errors in both spelling and grammar. Remember that a spell checker will find incorrect spellings but not incorrect usage (i.e., the difference between "its" and "it's"). Also, what you see in one browser may not be what you get in another. You need to make sure that all the fonts, centering, and alignment work. Test uploading times and links with slow modems. While you can't examine every possible computer hardware and software configuration that users might have, the more scenarios your site works well on, the more people will spend time with it.
8. Get outside opinions. Find out what people think about your site. Ask for specifics like colors, fonts, graphics, time to load, and ease of navigation. Receive both positive and negative feedback graciously. Thank people for their suggestions. Remember that you will not be able to please everyone, but the more people who like your site, the more they will recommend it to others.
9. Let people know where you are. Register with search engines. Tell your current and potential customers through phone calls or email. Include your web address on your business cards, letterhead, print ads, and email signature. The best web site in the world will not make money if people don't know it's there.
10. Keep it fresh. Update the content on a timely basis. Use contests and promotions. Conduct surveys and polls where people can vote. Make your web site fun and interactive. Your site should be interesting and constantly refreshed so people will keep coming back to see what's new.
Remember that your web site is an electronic ad for your business. Make certain that it reflects your business well.
© Copyright 2004 by Alicia Smith
Alicia Smith is a Coach and Trainer whose specialty is helping people Make Money Now. She has taught over 70,000 people how to improve their business bottom lines. To learn more about her courses, products and services please email her at email@example.com or visit http://www.AliciaSmith.com and http://www.90DayMarketingMarathon.com
Elevate Your Web Design Skills: 5 Effective Tips for Optimal Learning - Robotics and Automation News
Elevate Your Web Design Skills: 5 Effective Tips for Optimal Learning Robotics and Automation News
New SCC program blends graphic design, web design, marketing ... Daily Independent
Joint journey: The Ferraz Rodrigues brothers' path to collaborating ... - Illinois State University News
Joint journey: The Ferraz Rodrigues brothers' path to collaborating ... Illinois State University News
6 CSS Tips for Better Web Development and Enhancing Your Web ... MUO - MakeUseOf
Web design, development firm named among Inc. Best Workplaces SiouxFalls.Business
Web Designer Job Description: Templates for Hiring at Your Business Small Business Trends
Web Design Software Industry Will Generate New Growth ... - Scene for Dummies: Everything Hollywood Undead
Web Design Software Industry Will Generate New Growth ... Scene for Dummies: Everything Hollywood Undead
8 Common HTML Mistakes You Should Avoid for Better Web ... MUO - MakeUseOf
Brownsville, East New York High Schoolers Can Earn $500 for ... Brooklyn Reader
R.E.D Marketing Firm Announces a New Service Offering Digital ... InvestorsObserver
Web Design Software Industry Research Report 2023 â€“ 2030 | Top ... - Scene for Dummies: Everything Hollywood Undead
Web Design Software Industry Research Report 2023 â€“ 2030 | Top ... Scene for Dummies: Everything Hollywood Undead
What Is Duda Website Platform And Is It A Good Fit For Agencies? Search Engine Journal
Crime Blotter: May 28 Vero News
Best Free AI Avatar Apps 2023 MarkTechPost
Salesbop: The AI-Powered Sales Coach and Trainer ... Digital Journal
Microsoft Steps in to Rescue Web-building From the Rut Analytics India Magazine
Research Assistant (Web-design) job with MAYNOOTH ... Times Higher Education
DeepMind AI Supercharges YouTube Shorts Exposure by Auto-Generating Descriptions for Millions of Videos - MarkTechPost
DeepMind AI Supercharges YouTube Shorts Exposure by Auto-Generating Descriptions for Millions of Videos MarkTechPost
Can Language Models Generate New Scientific Ideas? Meet Contextualized Literature-Based Discovery (C-LBD) - MarkTechPost
Can Language Models Generate New Scientific Ideas? Meet Contextualized Literature-Based Discovery (C-LBD) MarkTechPost
Responsive Web Design Gets a Major Upgrade: How Next-Level ... Digital Journal
Graphic Designer Job Description: Templates for Hiring at Your ... Small Business Trends
Technology Innovation Institute Open-Sourced Falcon LLMs: A New AI Model That Uses Only 75 Percent of GPT-3â€™s Training Compute, 40 Percent of Chinchillaâ€™s, and 80 Percent of PaLM-62Bâ€™s - MarkTechPost
Technology Innovation Institute Open-Sourced Falcon LLMs: A New AI Model That Uses Only 75 Percent of GPT-3â€™s Training Compute, 40 Percent of Chinchillaâ€™s, and 80 Percent of PaLM-62Bâ€™s MarkTechPost
Bartholomew Media Group Unveils Comprehensive Guide on Digital Innovation in Skilled Trades - EIN News
Bartholomew Media Group Unveils Comprehensive Guide on Digital Innovation in Skilled Trades EIN News
NVIDIA Announces DGX GH200 AI Supercomputer NVIDIA Blog
From Krishna Makhan Masti To War Zone: The Soldier - OAO India's ... BW Businessworld
10 Reasons Why People Love Working with 212 Creative for Website Design and Digital Marketing Solutions - EIN News
10 Reasons Why People Love Working with 212 Creative for Website Design and Digital Marketing Solutions EIN News
7 Reasons Your Website Isn't Mobile Responsive MUO - MakeUseOf
Adobe Firefly explained - everything you need to know Creative Bloq
MIT Researchers Present A new computer vision system turns any shiny object into a camera of sorts: Enabling an observer to see around corners or beyond obstructions - MarkTechPost
MIT Researchers Present A new computer vision system turns any shiny object into a camera of sorts: Enabling an observer to see around corners or beyond obstructions MarkTechPost
Summer camps 2023: A guide to the best and most popular non ... The Irish Times
Interaction Design | Web Design & Development | Digital Media Utah Valley University
Portfolio Requirements for Web and App Emphasis | Web Design ... Utah Valley University
DNA Digital Archives in Namibia | Web Design & Development Utah Valley University
20 Free Web Design Tools from Winter 2023 Practical Ecommerce
Simple Steps to Mobile-first Web Design Practical Ecommerce
2023 web development roadmap TheServerSide.com
15 Best AI Tools for Web Designers Designmodo
The ultimate guide to web design: Learn the fundamentals Interesting Engineering
Retailers are using sneaky web design to catch you out Creative Bloq
System Breaks Down Barriers for Blind Web Designers Maryland Today
UVU Web Design ranked #1 by College Magazine | Digital Media Utah Valley University
Best AI Tools for Web Designers (2023) MarkTechPost
Jeremy McGilvrey, A Web Design Agency Announces Web Design Services In The Woodlands, Texas - Yahoo Finance
Jeremy McGilvrey, A Web Design Agency Announces Web Design Services In The Woodlands, Texas Yahoo Finance
Best Email Checker and Validation Tools Designmodo
When and Where to Use REM and EM Units in Web Design? hackernoon.com
Web Design In Melbourne: Creating Designs That Communicate ... Harlem World Magazine
A Web Designer's Tech Stack Practical Ecommerce
This Colorado web designer doesn't want to make wedding sites for ... Colorado Public Radio
The Impact Of Competitive Analysis On Web Design & How To Perform It Properly [DesignRush QuickSights] - Yahoo Finance
The Impact Of Competitive Analysis On Web Design & How To Perform It Properly [DesignRush QuickSights] Yahoo Finance
Top Web Design Trends 2023 Designmodo
20 Free Web Design Tools from Fall 2022 Practical Ecommerce
How to Convert Any Website Into a Figma Design MUO - MakeUseOf
Web Design Principles That Will Take Centre Stage in 2023 hackernoon.com
What Is Web Design? Built In
This fiendish quiz tests your web design knowledge Creative Bloq
Top 10 WordPress Web Development Trends 2023 Customer Think
Faculty Innovation Grant Leads to Graphic Design Awards for Seton ... Seton Hall University
Handwriting Font Tips - The Personal Touch That Makes a Difference
Most websites use similar fonts and as a result have a generic look. So, if you want to differentiate your look and also add a personal touch to your website, consider using handwriting fonts.
Keep Your Navigation Simple!
Navigation must be simple. Since it's the backbone of your site, it's imperative that visitors be able to understand it.
Want to Increase Your Online Sales? Make Sure That Your Web Site Has a Unique Selling Proposition
If you own a web site or if you are going to build a new one, the most important thing about your site is to achieve as high as possible visitors to sales conversion rate.Although they say that "the traffic is king online", if your website converts poorly, your online business will fail, unless you receive tons of free traffic which I doubt.
A Beginners Guide to Web Page Design
Designing your own successful web page can seem difficult and nearly impossible if you do not do a little research first. The reason you need to know the basics of web page design is because the design of your website will actually influence whether or not people continue to visit your site and ultimately, whether they will buy from you or not.
Top Ten Ways to Increase Web Sales - Part 1
You have only 10 seconds to impress your potential buyer. Your Web site visitors don't care about you.
How to Make a Website (Minus the Headaches)
There is nothing wrong with making your own website if you are looking to save some money. Be prepared however, for your finished product to resemble an after school project; cutesy, homemade touches and all.
Love at First Site: Giving Your Website Visitors the right Impression
Think of the people who visit your site as blind dates. When youopen the door, your blind date usually knows whether they areattracted to you within the first minute.
Keep Them Coming Back - Update Your Site
If you are anything like me, your website is a reflection of yourself. It contains your thoughts and communications, exposed to the entire world at all times.
Give Your Website A Chance
I often wonder how serious people are when itcomes to their websites. I thought that mosteveryone knew that the phrase "Build it and they will come" no longer applies on the internetbut I'm not sure how many people really believe it.
Website Promotion and Design Tips
Are you thinking that it is about time your small business had an internet presence, however are not too sure how or who to go to build and promote the website.This article will hopefully be of benefit to you as it will give you free tips on website promotion and on how to obtain a website on the cheap.
Quality Website Design At An Affordable Price
I always have people asking me if I know of anybody who can build them a website which is affordable but also professional looking. They want the website to be search engine friendly, there is no point in having a website if no one can see it, and fully optimised.
How To Shop for a Web Design Firm?
While few companies can boast as we do that our first ten clients are still with us today, many companies often change Web design firms to get a new perspective on how their Web presence could look and perform. The following paragraphs serve as a Buyer's Guide to use when shopping for a new Web design company.
Secrets to Using Color on Your Website and Common Pitfalls to Avoid
Colors have long been known to have psychological affects on mood and interpretation. So, when you are designing your website, you should keep in mind the influence color might have on your visitors.
Will You Site be a BIG SUCCESS. 7 Reasons Why It Might Not!
With so many new websites going up, it is hard sometimes to tell if your site will be a BIG SUCCESS or an unexpected flop? If you are unsure of whether or not your site will fly with visitors or crash and burn, this article is definitely for you. Now we all know the importance of great service, but if your website doesn't communicate this, then you could be headed for failure.
Web Page Building for Beginners 4
Page ranking by search engines such as Google are not only overrated but unusually explained by "experts" in the SEO field. SEO stands for search engine optimization and is needed to get your website placed at the top of a web search.
Web Design Tips To Boost Your Sales
The way you design your web site affects your visitors' online experience. As each visitor to your site is a potential customer, the easier they find your web site to use and the more they enjoy being on it, the higher the chance that they will make a purchase.
How to Design Website Which Google Likes
Are you going to design or redesign new website or thinking for it, then first read below given points, which google likes in a website, Google Information for Webmasters.There are more than 80 factors of your website that are taken into consideration when determining the ranking of your website, Following these guidelines will help Google find, index, and rank your site.
Hiring The Right Webmaster
The Questions You Should Be Asking ?The Answers You Should Be ReceivingWhen interviewing webmasters, don't let price be your deciding factor. Among webmasters there is a split between those who are skilled in the fine art of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and those who are not.
Why Ugly Sites Sell More Than Pretty Ones
What the heck is going on lately? Most internet websites I go to now, all I see are pretty graphics everywhere. I see moving images, I see crazy JAVA, things flying around.
The Seven Deadly Sins of Web Business Design
Before you take a road trip it is usually a good idea to know where you are going. It is the same when you are building a business, creating a marketing plan or building your web site.
|home | site map|
|Webdesign-box © 2006|