15 Website Elements That Attract Visitors
Here is a quick list of components that make a websiteattractive. They are listed in layers of attractivenessbeginning with the "must" haves, to "nice to haves."
1. State the website's purpose up front and clearly of thesite. Do this as quickly as possible. The visitor needs toknow immediately if they have landed on the right site.They also need to know "what's in it for me to stay here."If you don't provide this, they are gone. 90% of the siteson the Net don't do this.
2. Give visitors the ability to search for exactly whatthey are looking for, if they have something exact inmind. A "site search feature" satisfies this best. Allowthe search feature to be prominently displayed and nothidden away somewhere. It is best place in the navigationalsystem so that it shows up on every page. Sales letter onlywebsites are an exception to this rule. Return visitors andvisitors that have something specifically in mind, want theoption and ability to find what they want fast. So give itto them.
3. Photos allow connection. Especially to people whoprocess visually. Clip art gets them to pay attention,however, it doesn't create much of a connection. Personalphotos connect within reason. Keep them less than three toa page. One photo always needs to be in the top portion ofthe screen on the first page. It doesn't need to be large,but attractive.
4. Ways to capture visitors information wherever possible.
5. Place items on the site that keep them lingering. Audioand video are one of these, yet there are other less timeconsuming and inexpensive ways to keep them entertained.
6. Articles. For solopreneur sites, your own writtenarticles. For other sites, articles with various authorsyet on focus.
7. Interactive elements. For example: response forms,quizzes
8. If you use a shopping cart, it must be fluid, nohiccups. PayPal is not a shopping cart, it's a hiccup. Allauto responders must be well written and positive. Ifsomeone purchased something, they need the energy of "thankyou."
9. Give offers that are of value.
10. Clear path of where a newcomer can start if it is theirfirst visit.
11. Newsletter that is consistent with the 80/20 rule.80% value and 20% marketing.
12. E-courses of value.
13. Well-written e-books: 50-75 pages, plus valuableinformation (info not found anywhere else). Length doesn'tdo more than provide perceptive value. Once purchased andthe vastness is only fluff, then your credibility is shot.Complimentary e-books meet the same requirements.
14. Give them other ways to receive more on...you if you arethe focus...or the information if that is the focus.
15. Automated referral system. If you want referrals foryour products or services, make it easy for you to get them.Set it up so it's as automatic as possible, and clear andeasy for someone to send you a referral. Be clear on whatand how you want to give for that referral.
Catherine Franz is a Marketing & Writing Coach, niches, product development, Internet marketing, nonfiction writing and training. Additional Articles: http://www.abundancecenter.com blog: http://abundance.blogs.com
Website Design: What's the Best HTML Editor? | Florida Realtors
Lecturer, Digital Media (Web Design) (Level A) job with ... Times Higher Education
8 Web Design Trends We Noticed in 2023 MUO - MakeUseOf
Top 10 web design companies: 2023 reviews and comparisons The Jerusalem Post
AI tools are killing web design jobs in South Africa Rest of World
Fuerza Studio Wins Prestigious Netty Award & Takes Home ... Fort Worth Star-Telegram
U.S. announces official web design system Boing Boing
Wix vs. Squarespace | Website Builders | U.S. News U.S. News & World Report
19 Free Web Design Tools from Summer 2023 Practical Ecommerce
Best Website Builders for Small Businesses (2023) | U.S. News U.S. News & World Report
Director, Digital Strategy - Emory Communications and Marketing ... - The Chronicle of Higher Education
Director, Digital Strategy - Emory Communications and Marketing ... The Chronicle of Higher Education
The Pros and Cons of Creating a Website With Canva's Website ... MUO - MakeUseOf
Digital Interface Design Market 2023-2030: by Geography, Opportunities, Challenges, and Future Projection - Benzinga
Digital Interface Design Market 2023-2030: by Geography, Opportunities, Challenges, and Future Projection Benzinga
Mission Lane: AI Revolutionising Financial Operations FinTech Magazine
Motor Carrier Operations: Improvements Needed to Federal System ... - Government Accountability Office
Motor Carrier Operations: Improvements Needed to Federal System ... Government Accountability Office
Regulator: “Harmful” Web Design Could Break Data Protection Laws Infosecurity Magazine
Joint journey: The Ferraz Rodrigues brothers' path to collaborating ... - Illinois State University News
Joint journey: The Ferraz Rodrigues brothers' path to collaborating ... Illinois State University News
Mizzou alumna uses web design expertise to give back to ... - University of Missouri College of Engineering
Mizzou alumna uses web design expertise to give back to ... University of Missouri College of Engineering
About Web Design and Development | Web Design & Development ... Utah Valley University
When and Where to Use REM and EM Units in Web Design? hackernoon.com
Colorado web designer told Supreme Court a man sought her services for his same-sex wedding. He says he didn’t – and he’s straight - CNN
Colorado web designer told Supreme Court a man sought her services for his same-sex wedding. He says he didn’t – and he’s straight CNN
Wix's new web design platform looks seriously cool Creative Bloq
Área de web design tem alta demanda por profissionais Portal Comunique-se
16 Best AI Tools for Web Designers Designmodo
The Mysterious Case of the Fake Gay Marriage Website, the Real ... The New Republic
Website Development: In-Depth Guide For Beginners Search Engine Journal
Top 10 Web Design Mistakes: What Businesses are Doing Wrong Times of India
Capturing codes: New England 7th graders learn web design Dickinson Press
Game Design and Interactive Media BA Major West Virginia University
Web design, development firm named among Inc. Best Workplaces SiouxFalls.Business
22 Free Web Design Tools from Spring 2023 Practical Ecommerce
Jeremy McGilvrey, A Web Design Agency Announces Web Design Services In The Woodlands, Texas - Yahoo Finance
Jeremy McGilvrey, A Web Design Agency Announces Web Design Services In The Woodlands, Texas Yahoo Finance
This Colorado web designer doesn't want to make wedding sites for ... Colorado Public Radio
Portfolio Requirements for Web and App Emphasis | Web Design ... Utah Valley University
Beit Lehi Project | Web Design & Development | Digital Media Utah Valley University
The ultimate guide to web design: Learn the fundamentals Interesting Engineering
How does web design influence how we read online? Reader's Digest
Top Web Design Trends 2023 Designmodo
Singapore's Leading eCommerce Web Design Agency Verz Design raises US$2M in Series A Round - Yahoo Finance
Singapore's Leading eCommerce Web Design Agency Verz Design raises US$2M in Series A Round Yahoo Finance
Why do websites have so many pop-ups? The Verge
Retailers are using sneaky web design to catch you out Creative Bloq
10 Best AI Tools for Web Developers Designmodo
What Is Web Design? Built In
Best AI Tools for Web Designers (2023) MarkTechPost
Tried and Tested Tips to Improve Your Website - Part 1
1. DO NOT use excessive graphics or banner images on a single web page.
Why You Should Use CSS
It seems more and more webmasters are using CSS for the design and layout of their sites rather than depending on tables and HTML mark up. As well as being more efficient in terms of page size and reusing CSS templates many webmasters believe that it also contributes towards search engine friendliness.
Small Business Website Design - How to Get Professional Results on a Shoestring Budget
Just because you are a small business with an even smaller website design budget, does not mean that you cannot have a professional looking website and presence on the web. All it means is you will have to do some of the work yourself instead of paying some design firm to do it for you.
Is a Web Site Builder Right for You?
A web site builder can be a real life saver to someone without advanced HTML knowledge or tools. Web site builders allow a relative newbie to the internet create a professional website in very little time.
5 Ways To Improve Your Website Immediately
If you are reading this, I assume you either have your own website or planning to get one. Either way, these 5 tips can help you create a better business website immediately.
Understand Your Color
Any design on a web application involves the effective input of color scheme in order to impress web surfers, instill a certain image or identity associated with the kind of web site it represents, and add impact to the web pages. However, very few possess the talent and skill of developing a harmonious color scheme.
7 Ways of Building Customers Trust With Your Web Site
When I purchase something from a web site I first check whois behind this site. If there is no contact information oranything about the owner of the site or his/her company Imove on.
How Not To Get Web Design Work
I get the occasional web design lead from my website. I wanted to find a company I could pass these onto.
Web Site Templates and Their Benefits
Unarguably, the most important part of your website is content. To draw in clients or customers, you need captivating content and search engines are blind to web design.
How to Chose Stock Photography for your Web Site
So you've decided to take the plunge. You know that stock photography is an effective tool for your web business, but where do you start and how do you choose the stock photo that's right for you.
Fast Web Design For The Skint Webmaster
About two years ago, I had a go at commercial web site design. I put a medium-sized ad in a London classified ad paper.
The Ultimate Web Site Marketing Strategies That You Should Know
Most of us know that we need to advertise our products and our services, some of us still believe we are too small to invest in a advertising campaign. Now while a full-fledged marketing effort may be too much for your operation, it is however crucial to your success that you are involved in some kind of marketing activities.
Top 10 Web Design Mistakes
As a webmaster, you want to keep your visitors content so they'll come back again. Below you will find ten common mistakes made by webmasters that may deter people from returning.
Increase Sales on Your Website! Use Graphics!
How many times have you clicked on a website only to find a screen full of text? You read a large-scale headline and then all you see is text, much like reading a letter. You scan down the page looking for something to attract your attention.
Flash Design Adds Website Versatility
You have probably viewed many Flash-based components while surfing the Internet. Most smooth animations on websites and in banner ads, short films, and presentations are built in Flash.
Banner Enchancement - Designing Your Banner
A well designed web site is great to have, but what if no one ever comes to it? Most web sites either rely on advertising, or have used advertising at some point in their existence, to get people to come to view the site. This means that your going to have to have not only a well designed web site but also well designed banners to attract your visitors.
Quality Web Copy is the Key to Success
Many websites make the mistake of being all flash and no substance. Nothing irritates potential customers more than visiting your website hoping to find information and instead seeing only blinding color and flashing borders.
Dos and Donts in Web Design - part 1 (design)
Do use a consistent look and feelYour site should stand out as a whole. Use the same look and feel for all the pages at your site.
Lead Capture Pages Explode Your Direct Sales Business Online!
Are you building a direct sales or mlm business online? Using lead capture pages can significantly improve your recruiting results and save you lots of time and money! I have known a few people who earned 5-figure monthly incomes in their mlm businesses and they used lead capture pages for Internet marketing.What is a lead capture page?A lead capture page is similar to a minisite in that it is a simple, one page website that leads your visitor to take ONE action.
Keep It Simple, Stupid: The Beauty of a Clean Cut Website
Don't knock it; "Keep It Simple, Stupid" is a great rule to live by. Nobody likes a website to "yell" at them, with blaring colors and flashing lights.
|home | site map|
|Webdesign-box © 2006|